Government Legislation

Can I have a food business in my home?

Preparing and serving food from a home-based business for public consumption is prohibited. Province of Manitoba Statement

New Business

Anyone starting a new food business, large or small e.g. hot-dog cart, small specialty restaurant, or just providing or delivering food, must have a valid Food Handler Certificate. See By-Law Necessary equipment may be purchased in Winnipeg. Check the City of Winnipeg By-Law for minimum requirements. There are restaurant supply retailers to purchase your thermometers, test strips (for checking sanitizer levels), and pots, cooking utensils, etc. Check your yellow pages for food equipment supplies. Starting a new food business? Supplies for a new business

Copyright FoodSafe Manitoba - copying is violation of Canadian law.